Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Sucked in by Safari

As a PC user, I didn't give Apple's Safari browser much of a second thought. I loaded it on my PC because it came with my iOS devices and seemed like an easy way to manage the bookmarks on my iPhone and iPad. I didn't really feel that it worked any better than Firefox or even Internet Explorer. In fact Firefox was my main web browser.

Now that I am getting used to the whole "Multi-Touch Trackpad" thing on my MacBook Pro, I am beginning to see the value in Apple's Safari browser. It is incredibly easy to keep numerous tabs open and then pinch-zoom out and swipe through the tabs.

Opening a new tab brings you to the "Top Sites" selection where you can quickly recognize your previously used pages at a glance. Although the interface is still a bit clumsy. I finally figured out that if you wanted to actually select a a page you needed to first tap on the window somewhere, move your cursor, then select and click on a page. For some reason it doesn't just let you point and click at the page you want without doing the funny little dance.

I am quickly learning the ins and outs of Safari, and growing to like it as a primary browser, but I still can't imagine why it doesn't have the ability to sort bookmarks alphabetically.

(Safari Version 6.0.2)

No comments:

Post a Comment